I wasn’t totally sure I was going to make this post. Part of me felt like it would be really pretentious of me to sit here and write out some unnecessarily long Thank You speech like I’d just won a fucking Oscar.
But at the same time, there are so many people and things that I owe so much to from this tour. And quite honestly, it would be inconsiderate and ignorant of me to have NOT created this post.
So, without further ado, I would like to thank:
- Google Maps. You saved my life every day of this tour. Without the genius behind Google Maps I wouldn’t have even made it out my front door.
- Uber. I mean, seriously, a 40 minute journey in central London for less than £20? You are the fabric holding this society together.
- McDonalds. I am forever in debt to those 24 hour golden arches of hope.
- My mum. Seriously, what a woman. I’m a nightmare and you just ride with it.
- Stefan, George, Mark, David and the rest of the team at Ally Pally. Despite the fact that absolutely no one could have been overjoyed at the sight of a bunch of teenagers, blankets and tents, you welcomed us with so much generosity and respect. Thank you for everything you did to make me and my friends have one of the best weekends of our lives.
- Rasoul from SafeStore. You literally saved our lives when you let us warm up in your office. And in this shitty ass world, your kindness stood out so, so bright.
- Judith from Max-Schmeling Halle. Wonderful woman.
- That random German girl whose name I can’t remember but who gave me her hoodie in Berlin when it started raining. I lost your hoodie, but I’ll keep the sentiment forever.
- That internet cafe in Paris. If you had not existed I would have failed my essay, ruined any chances of getting a degree and ended up homeless by the age of 25.
- COFFEE. YOU ARE THE ONE TRUE LOVE OF MY LIFE. MY LOVE FOR YOU TRANSGRESSES ALL LIMITATIONS. YOU SAVED ME.
- Peter, for being a top bloke.
- Seth, for being a literal angel and helping me out with my ticket situation in London.
- That bus driver that let me and Ellie on for free because apparently London has become some futuristic hell society where no one accepts cash anymore.
- Medhi and Moe (29). Michael was always going to be a tough act to follow, but you guys didn’t shape up too bad. Thank you for everything you do to make the shows possible, for looking out for us and checking the number system worked out. Moe, keep rocking that cap.
- All of the TOP crew – you do an incredible job. Thank you for everything, from creating some of the best visuals I’ve ever seen to making sure none of us actually suffer death by giant hamster ball, your work by no means goes unappreciated.
- Brad and Mark, thank you for capturing me and my friends at our happiest and for being the greatest supply of Josh and Tyler content we could ever wish for. But seriously, you guys are artists and your art is phenomenal.
- To all of you I met along the way – Pia, Kora, Maria, Nicholas, Zuzanna, Karina, Charlie, Baru, Blanka, Agi, other Pia, Lizzie, Dany, Chloe, Ruby, Matt, Natelya, Nikita, Olivia, Haley, Sarah, Becka, Marina, Jodie, El, Gina, those two girls that let me leave my stuff in their car at Ally Pally, Ali who also allowed me to use her car as storage… I hope I didn’t forget anyone! Your generosity was unbelievable. Thank you so much for being some of the greatest, kindest people I’ve ever met. I’m so glad the internet is a thing so we can stay in contact.
- And of course, these idiots that are some of my greatest friends – Joey, Ellie, other Ellie, Pete, Jack, Cora, Lauryn, Erin, Han, Emma, other Emma, Kat, Katya, Hollie, Jodie, Sofia, Faith, Ana… I probably forgot people but you know who you are and you know I love you.
- LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE PERSON THAT READ MY POSTS. Thank you so much, you have no idea how much these stats that tell me people are seeing these words, or your unbelievably kind comments and Tweets and messages mean to me.
- Finally, thanks to those nerds Josh and Tyler. I wouldn’t be desperately poor, addicted to the internet or at risk of failing my degree and ruining my entire life if it wasn’t for you. But then again I’d probably be dead, so there’s that. Thanks for all of it.